The Association is dedicated to promoting all aspects of Scottish Culture in our community through competitions, education, parades, special events and our annual Highland Games & Celtic Festival. The first Victoria Highland Games was held in 1864. In 2013, our association celebrated the 150th Victoria Highland Games and Celtifc Festival! Our association has been running this mainstay of Victoria’s Scottish heritage since 1937.
The VHGA annual membership begins December 1 and is valid to November 30. Everyone is welcome to become a VHGA member and take a vital role in maintaining a strong Scottish culture and heritage in our community!
Download the membership form (PDF)
Membership fees are due by December 1st of each year.
There are two classes of membership in the association:
- Individual (non-competing) Member
- Family with Competitor(s) Membership
- Individual (non-competitor) Membership ($15 annual fee)
- Receive one free entry to the annual Highland Games
- Discount on entry fee to other VHGA events
- Opportunity to participate in the annual Tartan Parade downtown to the Parliament Buildings, and other special events.
- Right to vote at our AGM, and have a say in how the association is run.
- Family with Competitor(s) Membership ($25 annual fee)
- Receive entry fee discount per event for all three open VHGA competitions (Value of up to $15 per competitor for up to 4 competitors)
- Opportunity to participate in a closed Christmas competition for VHGA members only – besides the competition there is Santa and a Cakewalk!
- Receive two free entries to the annual Highland Games in addition to free entry for competitor(s)
- Opportunity to receive VHGA bursaries and scholarships to assist in your training and development
- Receive entry fee discount to attend professional workshops in highland dancing, piping/drumming and heavy event athletics
- Opportunity to participate as a performer in the annual Tartan Parade downtown to the Parliament Buildings
- Right to vote at our AGM, and have a say in how the association is run (one vote per membership)
Please contact Lori McKenzie at [email protected] if you have any questions. A membership card will be sent to you upon receipt of your membership form (PDF).