This event is the second event of 3 VHGA dance competitions held each year at which dancers earn points that can result in VHGA bursaries. The Victoria Highland Dance Association is hosting a companion competition on February 8th at the same venue. Find the entry form at https://vhda.weebly.com/upcoming-events.html.
MAJOR GAMES ENHANCEMENT IN 2020!
For 2020, the 157th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival will be enhanced to add a Saturday evening “Games Extravaganza” on May 16. For this inaugural event, the VHGA is pleased to announce that the Lord Strathcona Mounted Horse Troop will be the featured performance along with a variety of music and dance performances.
In addition, the Horse Troop will also perform on the Sunday afternoon of May 17. The festival will no longer include the holiday Monday, and the Irish dance feis will be moved to Saturday, May 16.
This is one of the oldest festivals in North America and attracts around 25,000 to Topaz Park every year.
The 9-day celebration of Scottish and Celtic music, arts and culture starts of with a Tartan Parade through downtown Victoria on May 9, and includes the tilted kilt pubcrawl, Games concert and a series of performing arts activities. Highlights for the 2020 Games weekend are:
- Lord Strathcona Mounted Horse Troop
- Massed Pipe Bands at 12:30 and 4:30 pm
- Professional Celtic Music Bands
- International Heavy Events Challenge
- Canadian Invitational Drum Major Championship
- Scottish Highland Dance and Irish Dance Feis
- Scottish/Celtic Clans and Vendors
- International HEMA Blade and Stick Fighting tournaments
NOTE: Tickets to the Highland Games for Saturday include the Gala Extravaganza, and tickets for Sunday include the Mounted Horse Troop performance. Advance tickets are available online at discounted rates.
Vehicle parking is always an issue around Topaz Park. A large bike lockup is provided on-site and there is an extensive public transit service to Topaz Park.
The Victoria Day holiday weekend in Victoria is a great time to visit this spectacular city and the Games are one of the premier events to attend. Hope to see you at Topaz Park in May, 2020!
- Please note that there are no exchanges or refunds on tickets.
- Following CRD BYLAW 3962 the games are a SMOKE FREE EVENT.
- In true Scottish fashion, the Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival takes place rain or shine.
- For the safety of our furry friends, dogs are not allowed at the park/on the field during the Games weekend.
- For more important information, please visit our Information Tent page
Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival
May 16th & 17th 2020
Topaz Park – Victoria – BC – Canada