The annual Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival is held over over a 10 day period, culminating in the May long weekend events held at Topaz Park in the City of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
This is one of the oldest festivals in North America and one of the very few 3 full day Highland Games. The festival regularly attracts around 25,000 people to the Topaz Park events each year.
For 2020, the 157th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival will be the largest in its history with an expanded list of activities and events.
The celebration of Scottish and Celtic music, arts, and culture starts off with a Tartan Parade through downtown Victoria the Saturday before the Games weekend, and includes the tilted kilt pubcrawl, clan torchlight ceremony and a series of performing arts activities.
The Victoria Day holiday weekend in Victoria is a great time to visit this spectacular city and the Games are one of the premier events to attend! Hope to see you at the Games in 2020!
Highlights for the 2020 Games weekend are:
- Massed Bands at 12:30 and 4:30 on Saturday and Sunday
- Professional Celtic Music Bands
- International Heavy Events Championship
- Canadian Invitational Drum Major Challenge
- Scottish Highland Dance and Irish Dance Feis
- Scottish Clans and Societies
- International HEMA Blade and Stick Fighting Tournament
Note: Vehicle parking is always an issue around Topaz Park. The VHGA is working hard to provide additional parking options for 2020, in addition to the existing large bike lockup area and extensive public transit service.
About the games
The main event for the Victoria Highland Games Association is the annual Highland Games & Celtic Festival. It is currently held over the 3 day weekend of Victoria Day (first Monday after May 21st) at Topaz Park in the City of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Events occur for a full week prior to the Games & Celtic Festival to enable a 10 day celebration of Scottish and Celtic arts, music and sport kicking off with the Tartan Parade through downtown Victoria the Saturday prior to the Games weekend and including the Tilted Kilt Pubcrawl, Games Concert and Torchlight Clan ceremony.
Throughout the year, the Victoria Highland Games Association stages a regular schedule of competitions in dancing, piping, drumming and athletics, and a variety of demonstrations, workshops and educational activities.
The Association hosted the 2018 and 2010 World Heavy Events Championship and hosted His Royal Highness, Prince Andrew, in 2013 as Chieftain of the Games to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Victoria Highland Games.
- Please note that there are no exchanges or refunds on tickets.
- Following CRD BYLAW 3962 the games are a SMOKE FREE EVENT.
- In true Scottish fashion, the Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival takes place rain or shine.
- For the safety of our furry friends, dogs are not allowed at the park/on the field during the Games weekend.
- For more important information, please visit our Information Tent page
Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival
May 18th, 19th & 20th 2019
Topaz Park – Victoria – BC – Canada