157th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival a Great Success!
The 2020 Games were successfully held on Sunday, September 6 at the Craigflower Manor property and livestreamed on the CHEK News and VHGA facebook sites. The Chieftain of the Games was Richard Linzey.
The livestream resulted in 35,000 views! Due to the public health orders in place, no spectators were present on the property.
Only participants and Games coordinators were on site and the total number of people never exceeded 50 people at any time.
Masks and hand sanitizer stations were the rule of the day to ensure the good health of all involved.
The livestream of the days events can be found at CHEK’s Facebook Page
CHEK Facebook Stream
The following performances and competitions were held during the day:
- Heavy Events competition (all day)
- Highland Dancing (morning)
- Piping and Drumming competition (morning)
- Massed Pipebands and Opening Ceremonies (noon)
- Pipeband Performances (afternoon)
- Irish Dancing (afternoon)
- Gaelic Sports (afternoon)
- Agility Dogs (afternoon)
- Black Angus Band Performance (afternoon)
The VHGA is very pleased to provide live Scottish and Celtic arts and culture to the public in 2020, via the online media.
Having held the Games in Victoria continuously since 1864, including the two World Wars and now the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, our event is the longest running Highland Games in Canada.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 158th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival next year, either in person or through online media again!
- Please note that there are no exchanges or refunds on tickets.
- Following CRD BYLAW 3962 the games are a SMOKE FREE EVENT.
- In true Scottish fashion, the Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival takes place rain or shine.
- For the safety of our furry friends, dogs are not allowed at the park/on the field during the Games weekend.
- For more important information, please visit our Information Tent page
Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival
May 16th & 17th 2020
Topaz Park – Victoria – BC – Canada
May 21st, 22nd & 23rd 2016