Victoria has one of the most comprehensive bicycle commute system in Canada with hundreds of kilometers (or miles) of paths and dedicated lanes.
If you are planning to come to the games by bicycle, we will have a great bicycle parking lot waiting for you. This area is more easily accessible if you arrive through Finlayson Street (see map with Finlayson Gate).
Topaz Park is just off Blanshard Street, a major artery in Victoria that can take you all the way from downtown to the Airport and the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal. Other major streets parallel to Blanshard are Douglas St (west) and Quadra St. (east).
As a reference if you are coming from downtown Victoria, Topaz Park is some 500 meters after Hillside Street and, if you reach Uptown and Walmart, you went too far.
But before you leave home, please visit our page on how to get inside the games grounds for information on parking locations.
There are a number of bus routes that touch at least one of the corners of the park, and a number of others have stops that are a walking distance from the park.
The BC Transit website has a tool to help you find the best way to get to the park. But to be sure you won’t be stranded (at home or in the park), take notice of the reduced schedule of weekends and holidays..
- Please note that there are no exchanges or refunds on tickets.
- Following CRD BYLAW 3962 the games are a SMOKE FREE EVENT.
- In true Scottish fashion, the Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival takes place rain or shine.
- For the safety of our furry friends, dogs are not allowed at the park/on the field during the Games weekend.
- For more important information, please visit our Information Tent page